Measure the respiration rate in only four hours
The innovative and patented PerfoTec FastRespiration Meter 4.0 is developed and designed to measure the respiration rate of fresh produce within just four hours. This enables you to effectively respond to seasonal variations and determine the required optimal transmission for your packaging.
It measures oxygen consumption as well as production of carbon dioxide and ethylene.
The optional ethylene sensor helps to predict the ripening speed of batches of raw material, which is important information for stock management. The respiration rate is calculated per ml air per kg per 24 hours. The information can be uploaded onto a website with the online AMAP software to convert the data into a required transmission per package.
In combination with the packaging and film specifications, the data is converted into the number and size of laser perforations required to extend the shelf life.
Measurement results and vessels
Measurement will give the following results:
- Consumption of O2 (oxygen)
- Production CO2 (carbon dioxide)
- Production C2H4 (ethylene)
Different sizes of vessels are available:
- Low basket for small fruit and soft fruit
- Mid size basket for potatoes, vegetables and tropical fruits for example
- Large vessel, for flowers and other large produce
- Tailor made vessel is possible (please contact us if you have any questions about it)
- Worldwide remote support via internet connection
- Direct connection with the Central Laser Management System for real-time online into data
- User interface via touchscreen, or via PerfoTec Central Laser Management System
- Option to pre-flush with CO2 or N2
Technology accessible to everyone
The new generation of the Respiration Control System is a major step forward in maintaining freshness by measuring the respiration rate and ethylene production, which helps predict the ripening speed of fresh produce. The technology is accessible to everyone, whether they’re growers, packers or retailers.
Reducing food waste with PerfoTec freshness extension tools
The PerfoTec Fast Respiration Meter 4.0 is part of an innovative Next Generation system to optimize the quality and shelf life of fresh produce while improving productivity and versatility of use and reducing waste and costs. Along with complementary PerfoTec freshness extension tools, such as our PerfoTecO2Control and Laser Perforation System, the Fast Respiration Meter 4.0 offers great potential for a chain-wide approach to reduction of food waste.
Please contact us for more information on the benefits of the PerfoTec Laser Perforation System for your organisation.