Save 50% on transport costs with PerfoTec!
The following example is based on average numbers. Please note that the actual results depend on starting quality of the produce and the handling and temperature chain:
Company X is a Bell pepper grower and exporter in Spain, exporting their Bell peppers to North America.
- Normal airfreight costs are approx. € 10 per 5kg carton.
- Sea freight is not possible.
- Retail shelf life is approximately 7 days.
On average, company X can save more than € 5 per carton, by using sea transport instead of air, combined with PerfoTec technology.
- Weight loss is similar to air freight: 50-100 gram per carton.
- The average shelf life can be doubled, so retail shelf life after sea transport can still be approximately 7 days.
So, by using PerfoTec technology, the shelf life can be increased by approximately 21 days, making sea transport possible, whilst weight loss is almost zero.
Total savings in transport costs in this case are at least 50%!
…to find out how we can help you prevent quality loss of your fresh produce.
We are also happy to show you how to save costs with PerfoTec LinerBag and our patented laser technology. Please fill in the form and we will contact you.
How it works…
To prevent formation of water droplets, the PerfoTec LinerBag (MAP technology) is made of a special material with a high-water vapour permeability. This ensures that, without the product drying out, the water vapour is released through the bag. As a result, the product remains dry in the PerfoTec LinerBag with considerably less chance of mould and bacteria development.
Another special feature of the PerfoTec LinerBag is its high CO2 permeability. Thanks to this characteristic it is possible to achieve target low O2 levels, while preventing excessive build-up of CO2.
By maintaining the optimal MAP conditions and avoiding an anaerobic environment, longer shelf life is achieved.
Tests show that the combination of a healthy fresh product, at the optimal storage temperature and a product specific PerfoTec LinerBag, ensures freshness for a significantly longer period. This will reduce food waste and provide an opportunity to expand into new markets.
Features & benefits
|Maximizes the shelf life of Fresh Produce||Biobased (CO2 neutral) material|
|Balanced O2 and CO2 transmission level||Printable material|
|High Water Vapour Transmission Rate||Plasticizer free|
|Produce weight loss is virtually zero||GMO free|
|Certified Compostable material, by TÜV Austria||Food Contact compliance approved|
- Maximized Shelf Life of Fresh Produce
- Balanced O₂ transmission level, just enough to keep the product “asleep”, without risk of anaerobic conditions
- Balanced CO₂ transmission level, which can prevent produce tissue damage, off-colour and off-odour
- High Water Vapour Transmission Rate prevents condensation, which delays development of fungi and bacteria
- Produce weight loss is virtually zero
- Film is certified compostable
- Material is made of natural potato starch and other biologically sourced polymers
- Ratio COTR / OTR = 5 / 1 per ASTM D3985 and ISO 2556 standards, based on 25 µm thickness
- WVTR: > 500 g/m2/24hr, per ISO 2528 standard
- Biodegradable and compostable according to European Standard EN 13432
- OK Compost Industrial, certified by TUV Austria
- Colour: milky white
- Plasticizer free
- Food Contact Compliance approved
- Laser Perforated as per Transmission Value, depending on produce type / variety
Reducing food waste with PerfoTec freshness extension tools
The PerfoTec Laser Perforation System is an innovative Next Generation system to optimize the quality and shelf life of fresh produce while improving productivity and versatility of use and reducing waste and costs. Along with complementary PerfoTec freshness extension tools, such as our PerfoTecO2Control and the Fast Respiration Meter 4.0, the Laser Perforation System offers great potential for a chain-wide approach to reduction of food waste.
Please contact us for more information on the benefits of the PerfoTec LinerBag solutions for your organisation.