How it works…
To prevent formation of water droplets, the PerfoTec LinerBag (MAP technology) is made of a special material with a high-water vapour permeability. This ensures that, without the product drying out, the water vapour is released through the bag. As a result, the product remains dry in the PerfoTec LinerBag with considerably less chance of mould and bacteria development.
Another special feature of the PerfoTec LinerBag is its high CO2 permeability. Thanks to this characteristic it is possible to achieve target low O2 levels, while preventing excessive build-up of CO2.
By maintaining the optimal MAP conditions and avoiding an anaerobic environment, longer shelf life is achieved.
Tests show that the combination of a healthy fresh product, at the optimal storage temperature and a product specific PerfoTec LinerBag, ensures freshness for a significantly longer period. This will reduce food waste and provide an opportunity to expand into new markets.
Features & benefits
|Maximizes the shelf life of Fresh Produce||Biobased (CO2 neutral) material|
|Balanced O2 and CO2 transmission level||Printable material|
|High Water Vapour Transmission Rate||Plasticizer free|
|Produce weight loss is virtually zero||GMO free|
|Certified Compostable material, by TÜV Austria||Food Contact compliance approved|
- Maximized Shelf Life of Fresh Produce
- Balanced O₂ transmission level, just enough to keep the product “asleep”, without risk of anaerobic conditions
- Balanced CO₂ transmission level, which can prevent produce tissue damage, off-colour and off-odour
- High Water Vapour Transmission Rate prevents condensation, which delays development of fungi and bacteria
- Produce weight loss is virtually zero
- Film is certified compostable
- Material is made of natural potato starch and other biologically sourced polymers
- Ratio COTR / OTR = 5 / 1 per ASTM D3985 and ISO 2556 standards, based on 25 µm thickness
- WVTR: > 500 g/m2/24hr, per ISO 2528 standard
- Biodegradable and compostable according to European Standard EN 13432
- OK Compost Industrial, certified by TUV Austria
- Colour: milky white
- Plasticizer free
- Food Contact Compliance approved
- Laser Perforated as per Transmission Value, depending on produce type / variety
Reducing food waste with PerfoTec freshness extension tools
The PerfoTec Laser Perforation System is an innovative Next Generation system to optimize the quality and shelf life of fresh produce while improving productivity and versatility of use and reducing waste and costs. Along with complementary PerfoTec freshness extension tools, such as our PerfoTecO2Control and the Fast Respiration Meter 4.0, the Laser Perforation System offers great potential for a chain-wide approach to reduction of food waste.
Please contact us for more information on the benefits of the PerfoTec Fast Respiration Meter 4.0 for your organisation.